Michael Tscholl, Ph.D.
Associate Director, CREATE Center
Design and evaluation of digital learning environments, Augmented/Virtual Reality for Education, Interaction (esp. verbal) and Learning, Social Robots
Ph.D., University College London (UK), Cognitive Science
M.Sc., Northwestern University, Computer Science
Research Lab CREATE (Cultivating Research for Engaging, Advanced Technology in Education)
- Kato, Y., Tscholl, M. & Kunnen, S. (2018). Detecting Patterns of Dynamic Teacher-Learner Interactions in Online Adult Learning through a Dynamic Systems Approach, in Proceedings of the International Conference of the Learning Sciences, London, UK.
- Emara, M., Tscholl, M., Dong, Y., & Biswas, G. (2017). Analyzing Students’ Collaborative Regulation Behaviors in a Classroom-Integrated Open Ended Learning Environment. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. Philadelphia, PA. 319-326
- Tscholl, M. & Lindgren, R. (2016). Designing for Learning Conversations: How Parents Support Children’s Science Learning Within an Immersive Simulation. Science Education, vol. 100, issue 5, pp. 877 - 902. DOI: 10.1002/sce.21228
- Lindgren, R., Tscholl, M., Wang, S. & Johnson, E. (2016). Enhancing Learning and Engagement through Embodied Interactions with Mixed Reality Simulations. Computers & Education, 95, pp. 174-187.
- Tscholl, M, Biswas, G., Goldberg B. S, & Sottilare, R. (2016). Detecting Metacognitive Strategies through Performance Analyses in Open-ended Learning Environments, in Proceedings of International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE2016), Mumbai, IN.
- Lindgren, R., Tscholl, M., Wang, S. & Johnson, E. (2015). Enhancing Learning and Engagement through Embodied Interactions with Mixed Reality Simulations, in 2015 American Education Research Association Conference (AERA 2015), Chicago, IL.
- Carmichael, P. & Tscholl, M. (2013). Cases, Simulacra and Semantic Technology, Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 31-42.
- Martinez-Garcia, A., Morris, S., Tscholl, T., Tracy, F., Carmichael, P (2012), Case Based Learning, Pedagogical Innovation and Semantic Web Technologies, IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, vol. 5, issue 2, pp. 104-116.
Graham Hall 243